Canon EOS 5D Mark II
NEW Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon announces the full frame, 21.1 Megapixel EOS 5D Mark II: the first EOS with full High Definition video capability.
Compact, lightweight with environmental protection, EOS 5D successor boasts a newly designed Canon CMOS sensor, with ISO sensitivity up to 25,600 for shooting in near dark conditions. The new DIGIC 4 processor combines with the improved CMOS sensor to deliver medium format territory image quality at 3.9 frames per second, for up to 310 frames.
Triggered from Live View Mode, HD video capture allows users to shoot uninterrupted at full 1080 resolution at 30fps – for amazing quality footage with outstanding levels of detail and realism.
The integration of HD movie capability into a high-end 21.1 Megapixel camera opens a multitude of new possibilities for photojournalists and news photographers. With its full frame CMOS sensor and outstanding ISO performance, the EOS 5D Mark II will appeal to any photographer in search of the finest camera equipment available – from studio and wedding to nature and travel photographers.
Other improvements to the EOS 5D include
- Addition of Canon’s EOS Integrated Cleaning System, with a new Fluorine coating on the low-pass filter
- Larger 3.0” Clear View LCD with VGA resolution, a 170° angle of view and anti-reflective coatings
- Improved menu system including Quick Control Screen for more direct access to common settings
- Automatic peripheral illumination correction, utilising detailed EF lens information to optimise JPEG images straight out of the camera
- Magnesium alloy construction with additional environmental protection
- UDMA memory card compatibility.
“Professional photojournalists and wedding photographers already choose the EOS 5D for its discrete size and outstanding image quality,” said Mogens Jensen, head of Canon Consumer Imaging. “The addition of HD movie recording opens a new chapter for EOS. It creates new possibilities for EOS photographers to capture and share their stories and to stay relevant in a rapidly changing digital landscape.”
- New 21.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with improved EOS Integrated Cleaning System (E.I.C.S.)
- New Full HD 1080 resolution movie recording
- 3.9 frames per second continuous shooting
- High performance DIGIC 4 providing superb image quality
- Maximum 310 large JPEG images in a single burst with a UDMA card
- 3.0” VGA (920k dots) Clear View LCD
- ISO 100-6400 (expansion from 50 up to 25,600)
- 9 AF points + 6 Assist AF points
NEW Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
Canon today strengthens its line-up of EF-series lenses with the introduction of a new fast aperture prime lens: the EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM. Replacing the EF 24mm f/1.4L USM, the EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM has been completely redesigned to provide an exacting partner lens to Canon’s new EOS digital SLRs, the EOS 50D and EOS 5D Mark II.
The EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM offers:
Fast f/1.4 aperture
Aspherical and UD lens elements for correction of chromatic aberration
Sub Wavelength structure Coating (SWC) to dramatically reduce ghosting and flare
Circular aperture for pleasing bokeh
USM for full-time manual focus
Lead-free glass (RoHS compliance)
Lens hood and pouch supplied
Superior image performance
Featuring a 13-element, 10-group lens, the EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM is designed to achieve the highest standards of image quality. Two high-precision GMo aspheric lenses are employed to correct various forms of aberration such as curvature of field and distortion, with a floating mechanism ensuring crisp corner-to-corner detail throughout the focal range. In addition, two UD lenses reduce the chromatic aberration common in wide-angle lenses.
A fast, ultra-large maximum aperture of f/1.4 delivers excellent low-light performance, with the circular aperture offering the potential for creative out-of-focus highlights. A focal length of 24mm and a USM focus motor providing full-time manual focus also make the EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM ideal for situations where a wide-angle, high-performance lens is required.
Advanced lens coating
Reflections off a digital camera’s image sensor can compromise images with ghosting and flare. To help reduce this, the inside of EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM’s front element is treated with Canon’s new Sub Wavelength structure Coating. Developed specifically to work with Canon optics, this anti-reflective coating helps reduce flare and ghosting – for consistently crisp, undistorted images.
Robust build quality
The EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM is designed to withstand the rigours of even the most testing shooting environment – with Canon’s advanced weather and dust sealing making it the perfect choice for photojournalists and landscape photographers.