Monthly Archives: May 2009
34th Chinese YMCA International Salon of Photography 2009
Jointly organized by Chinese YMCA Hong Kong and Chinese YMCA Photographic Society of Hong Kong
RECOGNIZED BY PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY OF AMERICA (PSA)
ADDRESS: GPO BOX NO. 73591, KOWLOON CENTRAL POST OFFICE, HONG KONG S.A.R.
- Closing Date for Entries “Monochrome/Colour Prints” – 16th July,2009
- Closing Date for Entries “Colour Projected Images/Colour Digital Images” – 23rd July,2009
For further information please visit Chinese YMCA Photographic Society of Hong Kong
Asian Geographic – ‘Asia Without Borders’ Photo Competition 2009
ASIAN Geographic is looking for special photographs from both talented amateur and professional photographers that capture a striking image of Asia’s land, people, architecture or wildlife.
The top photographs will be exhibited as part of an ‘Asia Without Borders’ Photography Exhibition in Singapore and published in the December Photo Annual Edition of ASIAN Geographic Magazine.. Enter Competition!
“A face tells a thousand stories”
1. FACES OF THE EARTH
The mountains, jungles, forests and seas of Asia are unique in the world. Images that capture Asia’s physical beauty and sense of place.
2. FACES OF ASIA
From ancient tribes to modern city dwellers, intimate and evocative portraits of people at work and play.
3. FACES OF THE WILD
Whether deep on a reef wall or deep in a rainforest, portraits of the planet’s creatures, big and small.
Young Photographer’s Category
[Limited to individuals 21-years-old and below as of 30 September, 2009]
1. FACES OF FREEDOM
Abstract images of animals, people and places of Asia. From the Lomo to the Ixus, let your imagination and creativity loose!
The contest will include THREE rounds of evaluation.
A panel of ASIAN Geographic editors and photography experts (the “Judges”) will each review a portion of the entries and select a group of entries to proceed to Round Two based on the following criteria.
1. Relevance to the theme
2. Technical execution
3. Originality & impact
5. Content & evocative quality of the image
All images selected for Round 2 will be displayed at a photography exhibition to be held in Singapore and open to the public. (We will request upload of a high resolution (300 dpi) version of each image selected)
During the public exhibition, a panel of Judges will select the top 5 images in each category that will be entered in to the final round of judging.
The 5 best images in each category will be judged by a panel of well known Photographers who will select the 1st and 2nd prize winner in each category and one overall ‘Grand Prize’ winner.
Enter In 3 Easy Steps
STEP 1: Register and choose an entry option
If you are not an Asian Geographic Magazine subscriber you can select one of the following low cost entry options:
Enter up to 4 images in any category = $8 USD (One time fee)
Enter up to 12 images in any category = $12 USD (one time fee)
Existing & new subscribers can enter up to 12 images in any category for free. [You must confirm your subscription before your images will be included in the competition]
STEP 2: Make payment or confirm subscription
You can pay instantly online via Paypal or Credit Card (Visa & Mastercard)
If you’re an existing or new ASIAN Geographic subscriber you will be asked to confirm your subscription. (New subscribers can confirm their subscripton later – once they have received their Xplorer Card number – but subscription must be confirmed before the competition closing date)
STEP 3: Upload Images
You can upload images straight away or leave it to later. You’ll receive your own personal login to this website and can upload or change images anytime before the competition closing date.
After you’ve completed all 3 steps you’ll be taken to your own personal login area where you can review your entry.
If you have any problems with the entry process or don’t receive your confirmation email with login details please contact : support(at)awbphotocontest.com
The competition closes on 30 September, 2009 at 23:59 hours, Singapore time (GMT +8)
Once the competition has closed participants will not be able to login and amend their entries.
Names of the winners in each category will be available online at this website and at http://www.asiangeo.com after 15 October, 2009.
Both Winning and shortlisted entries will be exhibited at the end of the year in Singapore and also be published in the December Photo Annual Edition of ASIAN Geographic Magazine.
2009 NTDTV Second Annual Chinese International Photography Competition
The Chinese International Photography Competition is one of a series of international cultural arts contests sponsored by New Tang Dynasty Television. Its purpose is to increase the sharing of cultural arts globally among Chinese who love photography, to uphold traditional Chinese arts philosophy, to promote artistic works portraying intrinsic reality with implications of compassion, gracefulness, brightness and righteousness.
The “NTDTV Chinese International Photography Competition” is hosted by New Tang Dynasty Television (NTDTV). NTDTV will broadcast the competition proceedings on its satellite channel, reaching homes across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Panel of Judges
Judges are selected for their expertise in photography and the fine arts. The panel of judges will follow the competition’s mission, standards, and guidelines in evaluating each submission.
Contents and Requirements
- I. Categories:
- Category A: News and Global Events
This category is for documentary and news-related photographs. The image must have meaning within the context of a recently published article or record of events. The image must be a fair and accurate representation of the event it depicts.
- Category B: Society and Humanity
This category includes photographs focusing on human life and folk culture in its natural state, humor, people and animals, and people and the environment. Partial adjustment of the brightness and color variation of photos is allowed. Sharpening adjustments are allowed, but cannot reduce the photo’s natural effect.
- Category C: Nature and Landscapes
The category includes photographs of any landscape or object in a natural state regardless of geographical location, weather or season, such as blizzards, rains, mists, sunrises, sunsets, flowers, trees, mountains, rivers, animals, plants, etc. Partial adjustment of the brightness and color variation of photos is allowed. Sharpening adjustments are allowed, but cannot reduce the photo’s natural effect.
- Category A: News and Global Events
- II. Requirements:
- Submitted work cannot have been previously published nor received awards at any other photography competition.
- Each contestant can submit a maximum of three entries per category, not exceeding nine entries altogether.
- The overall theme of each entry is at the discretion of the photographer, however, the all photographs should be a realistic treatment of its subject(s) and strive to portray values such as compassion, harmony, and righteousness. Each work should be labeled with a theme or subject.
- For submissions to the News and Global Events category, please provide a brief introduction of the news and/or event related to the image.
- During the first stage of the selection process, the organization committee will inform applicants if they have been chosen to continue to the final round. Applicants who will be entering the final competition will be asked to submit high quality JPG format file as well as full-sized versions of their photographs (with the longest side being sixteen inches sharp). Submitted entries will not be returned to the applicants.
- III. Format of entries:
- All entries should be in JPG format, and be uploaded to the designated website. If an extenuating circumstance prohibits you from uploading the file via the Internet, a DVD with the JPG files may be mailed. The size of the files must be between 500 KB and 4 MB. Entries that do not conform to these parameters will not be accepted.
- File Name: The name of the image files must be in English and follow the following pattern: [Country-City-Name-Category-Subject.jpg]
- III. Eligibility:
- The Chinese International Photography Competition is meant to be a celebration of photography produced by those sharing a Chinese ancestry. If you believe you are at least part Chinese, you are encouraged to enter the contest.
- One Special Award (US$5,000 or equivalent value of equipment/travel service)
- There are following awards for each category (News and Global Events, Society and Humanity, Nature and Landscapes)
- One Gold Award (US$2,000 or equivalent value of equipment/travel service)
- Two Silver Award (US$1,000 or equivalent value of equipment/travel service)
- Three Bronze Award (US$500 or equivalent value of equipment/travel service)
- Ten outstanding performance awards (US$100 or equivalent value of equipment/travel service)
- All selected entries will be awarded a certificate of participation.
- All selected entries will be exhibited at a photography exhibition to be held in New York City, USA.
All entries must be submitted to the organization committee by August 31, 2009, 12:00 p.m. (EST) (or be validated by an official stamp on that date, if sent by mail).
- Methods of Registration: Select one of the following three methods.
1) Internet: http://photo.ntdtv.com (preferred)
2) Email: Photo@globalcompetitions.org (preferred)
3) Mail: 229 W. 28th Street, Suite 1200, New York, NY 10001, U.S.A.
ATTN: Organization Committee of NTDTV Chinese International Photography Competition.
- Hotline: 1-646-736-2988; Fax: 1-212-918-3479
- Applicants should fill out and submit the registration forms (available on the competition website). Please fill out the appropriate competition category(ies), series number(s) and entry title(s), the participant’s full name (must be identical to his or her personal I.D.), name of country, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Those who do not want their names to be published may specify a pseudonym on the form, which will be the name used if their entries are selected. A brief introduction must also be included
- Submitted entries will be evaluated by the Panel of Judges, and selected entries will be publicized on the competition’s website on September, 2009.
- From those chosen as finalists, the panel of judges will determine the winners from all submitted full-sized photographs. The winning entries will be announced on the competition’s website on October, 2009.
- Photography Exhibition and Award Ceremony: All selected entries will be exhibited in New York City, USA, and the winning photographers will be invited to attend the award ceremony.
The details of the exhibition will be announced soon. Please check our website for updates.
- Photo Album: All selected entries will be collected into the NTDTV 2nd Annual Chinese International Photography Competition Album, which will be published by the Organization Committee after the exhibition. Each winning photographer (except outstanding performance awards) will receive one free copy of album.
- Copyright and all other rights remain that of the photographer. Any photograph used by NTDTV shall carry the photographer’s credit line; use may include publication in any NTDTV media sponsor publication (including, but not limited to, The Epoch Times). All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by NTDTV for marketing and promotional purposes, including, but not limited to, exhibitions, print, and digital media. There will be no monetary compensation.
- The organization committee cannot be held liable for any disputes regarding submitted entries’ portrait rights, reputation rights, privacy rights, copyrights, trademark rights, etc.
- Once an entry has been submitted, the applicants must abide by all the rules and regulations of the competition.
- All the applicants should comply with the decisions made by the organization committee. If a breach of rules or regulations has occurred, the organization committee is entitled to void the entry and request a return of the prizes awarded.
- All decisions made by the panel of judges are final, and no appeals may be taken.
- The organization committee has the ultimate authority to interpret the rules of the competition and has the right to make changes to the rules and regulations of the competition as they deem necessary.
- Any further amendment will be posted on the website and shall be followed accordingly.
For further information please visit NTDTV
The Photographic Society of Negeri Sembilan cordially invites you to participate in the:
“1st Negeri Sembilan International Salon Of Photography 2009”.
A total of 30 awards will be given away! Including 3 PSA Gold Medals and a “best of show” award. To participate, just download the entry form, fill in the particulars, burn your images onto a CD and send with the entry fees to:
The Salon Chairman
The 1st. PSNS Int’l Salon of Photography 2009
138, Jalan Pasar Baru
Closing date: 09, September 2009
The salon is recognized by PSA.
For further information please visit The Photographic Society of Negeri Sembilan
Afternoon, a group member of Photographic Society of Sibu having a outdoor shooting at Rantau Panjang . This photography trip leading by our Vice President Steve Ling & Advisor Bowison Hii. Our main topic today was nature photography.
This bug photo was took at a tree near the Lamin Dana, Mukah. Very nice bug, first time saw this bug. Please post if you knew the name.