Faces of Malaysia 2009 – Organized by Full Record of Environment
Organized by Full Record of Environment
Rules and Regulation for
Faces of Malaysia 2009, the nationwide photo shooting contest
Organizer : Full Record of Environment
Supported by : Malaysia Tourism
Supporting Unit : Oriental Daily, See Hua Daily News, Chen’s Studio, FM98.8
Sponsor Unit : Canon, Save our Seahorses (S.O.S.)
Rules and Regulations:
I. Entry Requirements
- This contest is open to all Malaysians.
- Employees and immediate family members of the judging unit are not eligible.
- No entrance fee needed for this contest.
- Entrants are permitted to submit unlimited entries, but the same entrant is to win a single prize only.
- By entering the contest, the entrant confirms that the information provided is valid.
- By entering the contest, the entrant clarify that his/her works are original creation and no other party has the right to claim the copyright of the photograph.
- By entering the contest, the entrant agrees that all photos and digital images entered become property of Full Record of Environment and will not be returned. The organizer is authorized to freely use the photos in business and publication.
- For each entry, Full Record of Environment will donate RM1 to Save Our Seahorses (S.O.S.) as subsidies of local environment conservation.
II. Photograph Requirements
- Black & white and color photos are both accepted.
- Photographs should be taken in year 2008-2009, and have never been previously published in any media or publication.
- All works should be submitted in a group of 3 photos, and the contents should fit the theme of this contest.
- Theme of contest: Entrants can capture anything within the borders of Malaysia, but the photo must include people and local environment as background, showing stories, memorable moments, or any contrast and conflicts.
- Photographs need not be taken with digital camera, but the submitted digital and print files must be in JPEG (.jpeg) format and a size of 148mm x 210mm (A5).
- Special adjustments such as photosynth are not allowed in this contest, except for hue and brightness adjustments.
- A brief description and photo shooting venue for each submitted photos is needed, and should not be more than 60 words (written in Chinese, English or Malays).
III. Submission guidelines
- Please confirm the following are properly attached per entry: 3 print photos in appointed A5 size ; A CD or DVD burned with the appointed digital files ; Full Record of Environment Official entry form with required information (FROE can be purchased from bookstores and organizer ; A piece of masthead of Oriental Daily or Shi Hua Daily News.
- The deadline for submitting the entry is September 25th, 2009. Entries received after the deadline will not be eligible to participate in the contest.
- Please submit your entry to the appointed address:
Faces of Malaysia 2009
the nationwide photo shooting contest
19-3, Jalan Puteri 4/1,
Bandar Puteri Puchong,
- The judging panel is made up from the following units: Full Record of Environment, Oriental Daily, Chen‘s Studio and Canon.
- Grading:Each entry will be judge for the contents (80%) and the caption (20%) of each photo. Entrants who get the closest score to 300 will be the grand prize winner. Judges will make their final decision on who has the better works if any two entries meet the same highest scores.
- The results will be published in October 15th, 2009 in Oriental Daily.
- Winners will be contacted by telephone. All prizes should be collected within two month as soon as the result is exposed.
- Grand Prize: Canon EOS 450D 18-55mm IS camera worth Rm2, 999; one year free subscription to FROE; 2 tickets for seahorses’ exploration; certificate of Faces of Malaysia.
- Second Prize: Canon PowerShot A1100 IS camera worth Rm639; one year free subscription to FROE; 2 tickets for seahorses’ exploration; certificate of Faces of Malaysia.
- Third Prize: Canon PowerShot A480 camera worth Rm449; one year free subscription to FROE; 2 tickets for seahorses’ exploration; certificate of Faces of Malaysia.
- Special Prize: Canon vouchers worth Rm100; one year free subscription to FROE; certificate of Faces of Malaysia.
- Consolation Prize: S.O.S T-shirt and one year free subscription to FROE; certificate of Faces of Malaysia.
- For further enquiries of Faces of Malaysia 2009, please contact the organizer Miss Lee: 016-2612832.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the contest and rules at any time.
Posted on 19 August, 2009, in News, Photo Contest, Photography and tagged Faces of Malaysia, Faces of Malaysia 2009, Full Record of Environment, Malaysia, Photo Competition, Photo Contest, Photography, Photography Contest. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.