Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort Photography Challenge 2010
Challenge Rules and Regulations:
1. This challenge is open to all. Employees and management (including any immediate family members) of Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort are not allowed to participate.
2. All photographs for the contest must be taken within the 780-acre resort at KM36, Miri-Bintulu Road, Miri, Sarawak.
3. Photographers may use analog or digital cameras.
4. Only colour prints in 8R size are acceptable.
5. There are two categories:
Category (1) Landscape/Wildlife/Nature.
Category (2) Facilities/ Building/ Food & Beverage
6. Photographers may submit any number of photos. But colour prints must be submitted in total of 5 photos, minimum two from each category. One of the photos must be a photo of any buildings within the resort.
7.Photos must be submitted together with a CD (please put your name on CD) with the appropriate images. The size of the digital image shall be at least 2MB.
8. All owners of the photographs shall grant full and exclusive copyright of their submitted photos to Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort.
9. All photographs submitted are not returnable and shall remain the property of Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort. However the copyright of the photos remain with the photographers. Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort reserves the absolute rights to reproduce, utilize, publicize and exhibit the photographs in whatever form and medium and in whatever venue, without prior notification and further payment to the photographers.
10. Photographers submitted for the contest must be taken from 10 December 2009 to 30 January 2010, within the Resort’s premises.
11.Participating photographers will need to register with the Resort (at Sales Office located at Lot 101, Airport road, Miri (c/o Syarikat Kai Nguong Nursery (M) S/B 8.00am-12pm and 2pm to 5pm on weekdays). Please submit a photo ID, registration form and pay refundable deposit of RM50.00. The Resort will issue one unlimited free day pass for the participants only (valid from 10 December 2009 to 30 January 2010). The
deposit will be refunded when entries (CD and 5 copies of color prints) are received. Please return day pass.
12. All expenses incurred are the sole responsibility of the photographer. The Resort will provide discount to participants. Discount only valid from 01 January 2010 to 31 January 2010. All participants are entitled one night single/double standard room with breakfast at RM100.00++ per room/per night. Subsequent nights from RM130.00++ per room/per night (with breakfast).
Participants enjoy 30% off for all food and beverage. Any additional room(s) from RM130.00++ (with breakfast) per room/per night and 30% off for all food and beverage.
13. The organizer and the Resort shall not be liable to any loss or damage of personal belongings, including camera and its equipment, and/or any bodily injuries due to accidents within the Resort’s premises.
14.Photographs submitted for the challenge must be the original work of the photographer. They must not have won prizes in any other contest nor have they have been previously published in any form of media elsewhere.
15. Each set of photographs must be submitted with an entry form. Multiple entries can be stored in just one CD for submission.
16. Entry form and registration form can be downloaded from www.BorneoRainforestResort.com and www.mirips.com.my. Photocopy of the entry forms are acceptable. Forms are available from 10 December 2009.
17. A photographer may submit any number of entries, however each participant will only qualify for ONE prize, in each category.
18. Photographs will be judge on the basis of composition, clarity, technique, content, colour and caption. The judges have the option to change the judging criteria without prior notice.
19. Only slight adjustment/enhancements which are restricted to sharpness, colour balance, curve, level and contrast of the submitted photos are allowed. Photographs failing to adhere to these guidelines will be
20.) The decision of the judges is final and no queries on the result will be entertained.
21. The organizers shall not be responsible for photographs damaged or lost during mail. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
22. All prizes must be collected personally at a prize-giving ceremony on 06 February 2010 at 7.00pm at Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort.
23. There will be a model shooting competition at 9.00am, 07 February 2010.
24. All entries must reach the following address on or before 30 January 2010:
Borneo Tropical Rainforest Photography Challenge 2010
Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort
c/o Syarikat Kai Nguong Nursery (M) S/B
Lot 101, Airport Road
Or Postal Address
P. O. Box 1893,
Resort Contact: Clement Chin 019 8859053, Lily Law 013 8341893, Steven Hii 019 8489891
Miri Photographic Society Contact: Siew Teck Chai 019 8843690, Leong Siew Kuan 019 8840668
Click here for more info & Registration Form.
Posted on 21 December, 2009, in Photo Contest, Photography and tagged Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort, Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort Photography Challenge 2010, Miri, Photo Contest, Photography Contest. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.