2nd Sibu “Tua Pek Kong” Festival Photography Contest 2010
- Sponsored by Sibu Tua Pek Kong Temple
- Organized by The Photographic Society of Sibu
2nd Sibu Tua Pek Kong Festival Photography Contest 2010
Date: May 10-18, 2010 (9 days)
Rules and Regulations:
- This contest is open to all.
- Participants are to shoot the activities of the nine days celebration.
- Photographers may use analog or digital cameras.
- Only colour prints in 8R size (8” x 12”) are acceptable.
- Photographers can summit any number of photos. Photos should not be framed, no border lining, and only in glossy paper. (NO metallic paper allowed).
- Photos must be submitted together with a CD with the ORGINAL images (NO alteration of the image whatsoever).
- All photographs and digital images submitted are not returnable and shall remain the property of Sibu Tua Pek Kong Temple. Owners of the photographs shall grant full and exclusive copyright of their submitted photos to Sibu Tua Pek Kong Temple. Sibu Tua Pek Kong Temple reserves absolute rights to reproduce, publicize and exhibit the photographs in whatever form and medium and in whatever venue, without notification and further payment to the photographers.
- Photographs submitted for the contest must be the original work of the photographer.
- Photograph must be submitted with particular of the photographer, including name, address, identity card number, contact telephone number, to be pasted at the back of each photograph.
- Please clearly stated the type of camera and lens used (this must be identical with the digital images submitted. or else the participating photographs will be disqualified).
- Same serial number of a digital camera should not be used by more than ONE participant.
- A photographer can only qualify for ONE prize.
- Photographs will be judge on the basis of composition, clarity, technique, content, colour. The judges have the option to change the judging criteria without notice.
- Only slight adjustment/enhancements which are restricted to sharpness, colour balance, curve, level and contrast of the submitted photos are allowed. manipulation of the content of a photograph is strictly prohibited.
- The decision of the judges is final and no queries on the result will be entertained.
- All prizes must be collected personally at a later date, winners will be informed accordingly.
- All entries must reach the organizer by 5pm, May 23, 2010 to:
Mr. Chua Chung Hieng (H/P 016 869 0470),
Sibu Tua Pek Kong Temple’s office,
Temple Street, Sibu.
*** Late Entries will NOT BE ACCEPTED***
- 1st prize = RM500 + certificate
- 2nd prize = RM300 + certificate
- 3rd prize = RM200 + certificate
- Consolation prize = RM100 + certificate (10 consolation prizes)
Events for the photography contest (only these activities are eligible for the contest)
- 08:40am – various teams paying respect to Tua Pek Kong, at the temple.
- 05:00pm – mass procession.
- 0700pm – Cultural Night(at Sibu Trade and Exhibition Centre)
- Thanksgiving performance (on the stage behind the temple)
Source from The Photographic Society of Sibu
Posted on 4 May, 2010, in Photo Contest, Photographic Society, Photography, Sibu and tagged Photo Competition, Photo Contest, Photography Contest, PSS, Sibu, Sibu Tua Pek Kong Festival 2010, Sibu Tua Pek Kong Temple, The Photographic Society Of Sibu. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.