Conscience Camera Award 2010 – “Our Children, Our Future”
CONSCIENCE CAMERA AWARD 2010
OUR CHILDREN, OUR FUTURE
This theme revolves around celebrating and appreciating the children of Malaysia. These children are the ones who will continue to lead the country and they are the future of Malaysia.
Today, we frequently come across tragic stories about children, who are neglected, abused or even killed by the people who are supposed to take care of them. In the rapid development of the society and country, sometimes children’s needs are overlooked, even in the smallest of aspects in their daily lives. Some children are still denied rights to their basic needs, namely food, shelter and education.
In line with the active campaigning of Children’s Rights in Malaysia (by the Government, UNICEF and NGOs), the conscience factor that we wish to promote is the appreciation towards the children of our country, who are indeed our future. By capturing their stories into photography, we wish to increase the public awareness of the various issues affecting our children.
Photographers are strongly encouraged to submit photos of Malaysian children, which capture stories related to (but not limited to):
- Children care (e.g. medical care, orphanage, disabled child care, etc)
- Children’s survival in poor or lower living condition
- Education for children
- Negligence in the needs of children
- Safety of children
- Poverty and how does it affects children
- Exploitation of children
- Other aspects that influences children (either good or bad)
Photographers are also advised to pay more attention to captions for the photos, which must be able to convey the conscience message behind the photo captured.
1. The contest is open to residents of Malaysia except employees of BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd and their immediate families.
2. The theme is “Our Children Our Future”. Photographers must interpret and capture photos that show aspect/s of the theme clearly. Every photograph must have a short caption (in English) clarifying the theme depicted in the photograph. Please refer to the theme guide for more information on the theme.
3. Photographers may use digital or analog cameras.
4. Prints submitted must be printed on 8R size together with appropriate negatives or CD. Failure to do this will result in their entries being rejected. The size of the digital image shall be no smaller than 1MB.
5. Photographs submitted are not returnable. The copyright of the image(s) remain with the photographer. By submitting the photograph for this competition, BASF PETRONAS Chemicals reserve the absolute rights to reproduce, publicize or exhibit the photographs in whatever form or medium, without notification or payment to the photographers. Photographers will be credited for each photograph used.
6. The owner of winning photographs shall grant full and exclusive copyright of their winning photos to BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd.
7. Photographs submitted for the contest must not have won prizes in any other contest nor have been previously published in any form of media elsewhere.
8. Photographs must be submitted with the entry form. Each photograph must be submitted with one entry form; however multiple entries can be stored into one CD for submission. Entry form can be downloaded from http://www.basfpetronas.com.my.
9. A photographer may submit any number of entries; however the participant will qualify for ONE prize only.
10. Prints will be judged on the basis of composition, clarity, technique, content, colour and the appropriateness of the caption to the image. As such, slight enhancements of the submitted images are allowed and restricted to adjustments of curve, levels, sharpness, colour balance and contrast. No other digital alterations other than those mentioned are allowed. The judges have the option to change the judging criteria and the prizes without notice.
11. The organizers shall not be responsible for photographs damaged or lost during mail. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
12. The decision of the judges is final and no queries on the result will be entertained.
13. All prizes must be collected personally at a prize-giving ceremony, tentatively scheduled in early October in Kuala Lumpur. Winners will be notified about the details of the price giving ceremony later. The cost of traveling shall be borne by the respective recipient.
14. All entries must be sent to the following address on or before 15 August 2010:
Conscience Camera Award
BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd
Jalan Gebeng 2/1, Kawasan Perindustrian Gebeng
26080 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur
15. Winners will be notified either by e-mail, by letter or by phone.
16. The prizes are as follows:
One 1st Prize : RM5000 cash and certificate
One 2nd Prize : RM2500 cash and certificate
One 3rd Prize : RM1500 cash and certificate
Seven Consolation Prizes: RM500 cash and certificate each
Two special Jury Prize : RM600 cash and certificate
The organizer will have the right to substitute the prizes of equivalent value, as it deems fit.
17. By participating in this competition, participants agree to be bound by the above
rules and regulations as well as the decisions of the organizer and panel of judges.
Read more @ BASF PETRONAS Chemicals
Posted on 3 June, 2010, in News, Photo Contest and tagged BASF PETRONAS Chemicals, CCA 2010 Photography Competition, CONSCIENCE CAMERA AWARD 2010, Conscience Camera Award 2010 - "Our Children, CONSCIENCE CAMERA AWARD 2010 Photography Competition, Our Children, Our Future", Photo Competition, Photo Contest, Photography Competition. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.