Sarawak Events’ Calender 2010
- 17-25 April: Mukah Kaul Festival (Thanksgiving Festival of the Melanau, seafaring community in Mukah) –> Kaul is a traditional festival celebrated by the Melanau living along the coast of central Sarawak region. The festival is a ritual of purification and thanksgiving to the spirit of the sea as well as one of the propitiation for good fortune.
- 14-15 May: Miri International Jazz Festival.
- 1-3 June: Irau Aco Lun Bawang (Pesta Lung Bawang) –> this festival is traditionally a celebration of the rice harvest, but now it showcases a variety of Lun Bawang culture and events such as Ruran Ulung (beauty pageant contest) and ngiup suling (bamboo musical instrument band).(in Lawas)
- 4-6 June: Pesta Babulang (Buffalo Race Festival –> Pesta Babulang is a buffalo race festival which is significant to Bisaya community in Limbang. (Organised by the Bisaya Association and introduced as a tourism event for the area. (in Limbang)
- 16-25 July: Borneo Cultural Festival –> a week-long celebration of food, music and dances celebrating the diverse cultural background of Borneo community such as Iban (Dayak), Melanau, Malay and Chinese. BCF stands as Sibu biggest tourism event. (in Sibu)
- 8-11 July: Rainforest World Craft Bazaar (in conjunction with Rainforest World Music Festival) (in Kuching, at Sarawak Cultural Village, Santubong)
- 9-11 July: Rainforest World Music Festival (Santubong, Kuching)
- 31 July-2 August: Sarawak Regatta (at Kuching Waterfront)
- 2 August: Kuching Street Parade (part of Kuching Festival held the whole month of August)
- 17-22 September: Sarawak Inter-Cultural Moon Cake Festival ( at Carpenter Street, Kuching)
- 17-26 September: Lantern Festival (Sibu Town Square)
- 29 September-4 October: Borneo International Kites Festival (at Old Airport Compound, Bintulu)
- 4-9 October: Borneo International Yachting Challenge (in Miri)
Source from Steve Ling Blog
This bug photo was took at a tree near the Lamin Dana, Mukah. Very nice bug, first time saw this bug. Please post if you knew the name.
We are visiting Lamin Dana at Kampung Tellian. Finally, we found the Lamin Dana but unluckily not the right time (Close).
The Bintulu Kiteflyers showing the kite flying…
It was very Lucky. We have chance to took the photo of the sunrise at the morning & also the sunset at the Igan fishing village.
Mr Chiew was interviewed by Miss Tiong of Sibu FM at KAUL Festival Mukah celebration site on 25th April, 2009.
In KAUL Festival Mukah, there are many people from Sarawak and outside Sarawak coming for this annual Mukah event. Many come with their family and friends to have fun with KAUL festival.