Sibu Heritage Centre – Opening Soon? – HDR Shot
Today’s evening, I test my Canon EOS 7D with HDR shot again … ^^
I just try my new gear, Canon EOS 7D. Here’s the HDR Photography shot ^^
Saildance II from USA visiting Rajang River, Sibu. (HDR Photography)
The Photographic Society of Sibu have a visit to Saildance II ^^
We have dinner together…
Visit Steve Ling Blog too…
i-City, Malaysia’s premier tech-based property with the unique touch of lightscapes today is going into its second phase photo competition. With the partnerships comes anew theme – i-City: It’s Always On and we are looking for the most expressive photos.
Works of several winners of i-City’s first photography contest held in February 2010 are now proudly displayed at Tourism Malaysia’s booth as a designated night tour at the Shanghai World Expo. Works from winners this photography and videography contest will also stand a chance for their winning entries to be used as a promotional pieces for Tourism Malaysia.
On top of this, we have RM80, 000 worth of Prizes waiting to be won. If you have what it takes to be winner, sign up for only RM10 per entry!
i-City : It’s Always On
1. Art & Technology (Lighting Sculpture)
2. Scenery & Activities (Includes Family, Building & Aerial View)
4. Dancing Lights Display themed – “Hibiscus in the Sky”
1st June 2010
31st August 2010
i-City, Shah Alam
RM 10 for up to 3 images
Rules & Regulation
1. “ i-City: It’s Always On”
2. -The theme is open for individual’s interpretation but clear description of the photo and video must be included with each entry.
Submission of Entries
1. The Contest will run from 1st June 2010 to 31st August 2010. All submission must be received by the Organiser by 23:59:59 of 3rd September 2010. All entries received outside the Contest Period will be automatically disqualified. The Organiser reserves the right to revise the Contest Period at any time, if required.
2. Open Categories:
- Art & Technology (Lighting Sculptures)
- Scenery & Activities (Incl Family, Building, & Aerial View)
- Dancing Lights Display themed “Hibiscus in the Sky”
3. Only 2 equipments are allowed for this photography competition – Camera & Video Camcorder.
4. The competition is open to the following categories: Individual and Media (open category excluding video camcorder). The photo which most represents i-City’s unique lightscapes features and scenery will be chosen as the Grand Prize Winner (excluding out of the above categories). A monetary prize of RM6,000.00 and EOS 550D (RM2799) will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
5. The prizes for each category are as follow:-
- Still Photography (with caption):
- First Prize : RM3,000 + EOS 1000D (worth RM1899)
- Second Prize : RM2,000 + IXUS 95 (worth RM699)
- Third Prize : RM1,000 + PowerShot A490 (worth RM 379)
- 10 x Consolation Prizes : RM100 + Canon Merchandise
- Video Camcorder (with narration):
- First Prize : RM5,000 + LEGRIA HF R16 ( worth RM 1999)
- Second Prize : RM3,000 + LEGRIA FS 306 (worth 1499)
- Third Prize : RM2,000 + LEGRIA FS 36 (worth 1399)
- 10 x Consolation Prizes : RM100 + Canon Merchandise
6. A participation fee of RM10 will be charged, with a limit of up to 3 entries per submission. You may submit as many submissions as you like. All photos and videos must be taken at the location of i-City, Shah Alam.
7. All photos submitted must be in colour and accompanied by their coloured negatives / CD in jpeg format (when using digital cameras). Each photograph submitted must be accompanied with one (1) CD. Submissions of more than one image in a CD shall be disqualified. Photo resolution should be at least 1000 – 2000 pixels wide and colour negative films are to be either in 35mm or 120 format. Participants are free to use their own choice of colour negatives. The size of the colour print should be (8 x 10)” or (8 x 12)” and mounted on black cardboard with 1.5 inches border. Submissions that do not adhere to these requirements will be automatically disqualified.
8. All videos submitted must comply with the following specifications:-
- The length of the video must be between 5-10 minutes
- Videos must comply with copyright rules and regulations. Sources of information and materials used (i.e music) must be properly acknowledged and credited in the video
- All videos should be submitted on either a DVD, CD or miniDV
- Resolution should be at least 640 x 480 pixels
- Recommended video format is MPEG-4 (.m4v / .mp4)
- Other acceptable formats are Quicktime (.mov), Windows AVI (.avi), and Windows Media (.wmv)
- All video entries will be assessed by a panel of judges. The assessment criteria will be mainly on their originalities, creativities, special video effects and the best reflection of the contest theme.
- Judges’ decision is the final and no appeal shall be attended to.
- Winners shall be announced in the local daily newspaper and shall be notified by post and will be invited to the award giving ceremony
Submissions that do not adhere to these requirements will be automatically disqualified.
9. Each photo should be accompanied by a fully completed entry form (photocopy of entry form is acceptable); and please paste the entry form at the back of the photo.
10. Proof of the postage is not proof of receipt. No correspondence will be entertained for any damages or loss.
11. No digital super imposition is allowed. Composite photographs, trick photographs, or and any form of digital imaging or image manipulations will not be accepted. Only minor photo touch-ups such as cropping, adjustment of brightness and colour as well as softening or sharpening of the image are allowed.
12. The Organiser will handle all the entries (still and video) with caution. However, if there is any inevitable damage on the entries, the Organiser shall not be held responsible.
13. Each entry with completed entry form must be sent to “D-1-G, Jalan Multimedia 7/AJ, CityPark, i-City, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor”. Please note down To: “i-City: It’s Always On” Photography and Videography Competition on the envelope. Contestants are also welcome to submit entry forms personally.
15. All winners will be announced in Malaysian dailies and notified via emails or telephone.
Terms & Conditions
1. All entries (photo, negative, CD, video) are non-returnable, and they shall become and remain the property of i-City Properties Sdn Bhd. i-City shall not be held responsible for any legal action against the contestants.
2. The Organiser shall reserve the exclusive right to keep, exhibit, publish, use the photos and videos in any way deemed fit without any prior notice to the contestants and the contestants shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of compensation on the materials.
3. Once the photo or video is published or exhibited, the Organiser shall not be held responsible for any claim or complaint from anybody who was filmed in the photo without permission. Contestant shall be held responsible for this issue.
4. Winning works in any photo or video contests should not be submitted to this contest.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to change any rules and prizes of this Contest from time to time without prior notice.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any contestant who has infringed any of the competition rules.
7. Decisions by the Organiser and competition judges are FINAL and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. No queries will be entertained.
8. By entering the Contest, contestants are agreeing to be bound by these Official Rules & Regulations.
Source from i_City
Today, took HDR Photography again. Target Wisma Sayan Sibu. Use my Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens.
We are visiting Lamin Dana at Kampung Tellian. Finally, we found the Lamin Dana but unluckily not the right time (Close).